The post Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for October 9, 2023 appeared first on 1 Wine Dude.
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), so you can get right to the point and decide if they’re for you (or not). Cheers!
- 2019 Campo alla Sughera ‘Campo alla Sughera’ Rosso (Toscana): Lots of dried herbs, currant, plum, rose petals, and tons of structure. Assertive and refined, and not going anywhere for a good long while yet. $75 A
- 2021 Crivelli Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato (Piedmont): Still arguably one of the de-facto standards for old school, authentic Ruche goodness. $30 A-
- 2021 Grosjean Vins Gamay (Vallee d’Aoste): Jeeeeebus, how f–king delightful is THIS?!?? $25 B+
- 2018 Cave Mont Blanc de Morgex et de la Salle Extra Brut (Aoste Valley): High-toned deliciousness from one of Europe’s highest elevation plantings. $NA B+
- 2021 Kruger-Rumpf Riesling Trocken (Nahe): Wearing its exotic fruit display with envy-enducing amounts of style. $25 B+
- 2018 Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County): Doing its founder proud with irrepressibly deep and bright red/black plums, cedar spices, a juicy, tasty mouthfeel. $18 B+
- 2021 Sandlands Vineyards Trousseau (Sonoma County): Like a raft that’s ready to take you on a wild, unforgettable palate ride. $45 A-
- 2018 CrossBarn by Paul Hobbs Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Bold & rich, like Napa trying to fit into SC, or a middle-aged peach trying to fit into an old pair of teenage stretch pants. $30 B+
- 2021 Cherry Pie ‘Tri County’ Pinot Noir (California): Spicy. Juicy. Easy-going. And relatively easy on the wallet. $19 B
- 2016 Halter Ranch Vineyard Estate Reserve Tempranillo (Adelaida District): Low production, big body, and high quality. Makes a good argument for more Temp in Paso. $75 A-
Copyright © 2023. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for October 9, 2023 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-october-9-2023/