I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2018 Tenuta Sant’Antonio Nanfre Valpolicella Superiore (Veneto): A box-full of fruity, juicy, sophisticated fun. $23 B+
- 2019 Massimago ‘Profasio’ Valpolicella (Veneto): Spicy, smooth as tanned leather, savory, and sweetly succulent. $40 B+
- NV Dow’s 10 Year Old Tawny Port (Portugal): Admit it, you’re not gonna kick this one outta bed for eating crackers… $36 A-
- 2021 Pisoni Lucia Estate Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Fans of balanced PN will be putting this one in “where have you been all of my life?” territory. $60 A-
- 2021 Pisoni Lucia Estate Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): Stellar, and stunning, with white peach, passion fruit, tinges of blossom, lemons, herbs… everything a growing Chard-lovin’ body needs! $50 A-
- 2020 Merry Edwards Winery Sauvignon Blanc (Russian River Valley): Still their bread and butter, for very good reason. $45 A-
- 2019 Januik MErlot (Red Mountain): This is like when Busch beer used to do those “hed for the mountain” slogans, only good. $38 A-
- 2019 Wolffer Estate ‘Fatalis Fatum’ Red (Long Island): Much going on, almost all of it superb. Great melding of European elegance and American bombast. $39 A-
- 2020 Cono Sur Bicicleta Pinot Noir (Chile): A minor joy ride of bright, but dark, red berries. $10 B-
- 2019 Domaine Bousquet ‘Virgen’ Natural Cabernet Sauvignon (Tupungato): Well, drinking it sure feels natural as hell to do, that’s for sure. $12 B
Copyright © 2022. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for November 14, 2022 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-november-14-2022/