The post Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for November 13, 2023 appeared first on 1 Wine Dude.
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), so you can get right to the point and decide if they’re for you (or not). Cheers!
- NV W & J Graham’s Six Grapes Reserve Port (Portugal): Like a set of velvet sheets for the tongue, & always a relaxing pleasure to revisit. $22 B+
- 2022 Chateau La Gordonne Pierrefeu La Chapelle Gordonne Tete de Cuvee Rose (Cotes de Provence): This is damned good. But definitely on the opulent side with its bigger mouthfeel and ripe red berry fruits; be prepared! $28 A-
- 2020 Barberani Foresco (Umbria): Not the best vintage of this grippy red, but will get the job done with a hearty burger or two. $20 B
- 2021 Dry Creek Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Dry Creek Valley): A lively crowd-pleaser to slake the driest of thirsts. $19 B
- 2019 Quivira Vineyards Black Boar Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Nothing boring here. Juicy berries galore, along with compote, cocoa, coconut shavings, and fresh plums. Niiiice! $55 A-
- 2016 La Pitchoune ‘La Bombe’ Chenin Blanc (Merritt Island): Vibrant, mineral, smoky, heady, citric… and the bottle is empty waaaay too soon. $26 B+
- 2016 Scheid Vineyards Riverview Vineyard Dolcetto (Monterey): Chunky, chewy, and churning pipe smoke in charming ways. $35 A-
- 2019 Be Human Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): If you’re human, you’ll likely Be Happy with this capable red’s ripe and succulent mouthfeel. $18 B
- 2020 Luke ‘The Companion’ Red Blend (Columbia Valley): Sweet oak, sweet red fruits, and a sweet deal. $22 B+
- 2021 Domaine Bousquet Alavida Malbec (Tupungato): A bottle full of fragrant, fresh, and fruit-forward fun. $19 B
Copyright © 2023. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for November 13, 2023 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-november-13-2023/