I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2021 Alta Mora Cusumano Etna Rosato (Sicily): Stop and smell the roses… or just take a glass of this with you on your walk instead. $NA B+
- 2021 Barone di Villagrande Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): Extremely long, extremely fresh, extremely heady, extremely special vintage that’s extremely under-priced. $25 A-
- 2018 Barone di Villagrande ‘Contrada Villagrande’ Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): Acidity doesn’t get a whole lot better texturally than this. $NA A-
- 2020 Cantine di Nessuno Contrada Volpare Milus Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): Can minerality be sexy? According to this one, hellz yeah it can. $NA A-
- 2020 Maugeri ‘Contrada Volpare’ Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): The fox’s vineyard makes for a foxy lady of a white indeed. $38 A-
- 2020 Maugeri ‘Contrada Volpare Frontebosco’ Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): Lemony-fresh charter binding fennel, almond, and elegant citrus into a long, lasting contract. $NA A-
- 2020 Iuppa Lindo Etna Bianco Superiore (Sicily): A sense of foreboding power to go along with your fresh white flowers and herbs. $NA A-
- 2018 Eudes ‘Bianco di Monte’ Etna Bianco (Sicily): Perfumed and inviting, but that acidic structure is NOT messing around. $46 A-
- 2018 Cantine Nicosia ‘Sosta Tre Santi’ Etna Brut (Sicily): Yeasty on the edges, but you can see right through it to the lithe, fresh core. $NA A-
- 2020 Cantine Nicosia ‘Contrada Monte Gorna’ Vecchie Viti Etna Bianco (Sicily): Mouthful of grilled citrus and a spoonful of loveliness. $35 B+
Copyright © 2023. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for May 1, 2023 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-may-1-2023/