I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2016 Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite Les Legendes R Pauillac (Pauillac): Favoring the darker side of Bordeaux’s blackcurrant action. Cola aplenty, but not so much for the verve. $55 B+
- 2019 Gunderloch Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Give me limes, my boy, served up on flint!! $29 B+
- 2020 Barberani Polago Rosso (Umbria): Bright and savory combo that goes down so easily you might want to clear the schedule before opening… $20 B
- 2021 Barberani Grechetto (Umbria): Floral, zesty goodness served up straight up. $17 B+
- 2019 Teliani Valley Winery 97 Saperavi Selection Saperavi (Kakheti): Perky, brambly, and earthy. Cherry and vanilla hints are the stars of the show. $20 B+
- 2021 Castel Sallegg ‘Bischofsleiten’ Kalterersee (Trentino-Alto Adige): Like skiing down the bunny slope of brambly red berries. $16 B+
- 2021 Mandrarossa Nero d’Avola (Sicilia): A friendly cherry compote Jolly Rancher. $10 C+
- 2018 Settesoli Nero d’Avola (Sicilia): Classic Nero through and through, without requiring any mental energy to get the most out of it. $11 B
- 2019 La Follette Heintz Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Xmas spices, layers of raspberry and hints of exotic tropical fruit. Not boisterous but lovely. If you need me, I’ll be hiding this from everyone & drinking it alone somewhere… $65 A-
- 2020 La Follette ‘Los Primeros’ Pinot Noir (California): Delicious, delicious, delicous. Brambly wild strawberry and forest floor on a budget. $25 B+
Copyright © 2022. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for January 23, 2023 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-january-23-2023/