I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2019 Tenuta Luce ‘Lucente’ (Tuscany): Juiciness, meet our good friend Tobacco. $32 A-
- 2021 Piera Martellozzo Clar Delune Prosecco Rose Brut Nature (Veneto): Complex? Nope. Quaffable to almost ludicrous levels? Yep. $25 B
- 2021 Ultimate – Urban Provence ‘UP’ Rose (Provence): More like the “Classically Pretty” Provence rose; think West Side Story versions of “urban.”. $22 B+
- 2019 Decoy Merlot (Sonoma County): No trickery here; just an unabashedly unapologetic crowd-pleaser. $20 B
- 2020 Chalk Hill Estate Chardonnay (Chalk Hill): Fire the Citrus Wave Motion Gun!!!!! $48 A-
- 2020 Scenic Root Winegrowers Textbook Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A thick and weighty tome with prominent oak bindings. $35 B+
- OG de Negoce Lot 233 Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Rich and bold in body and white peach fruit, powerful but never losing sight of its linear, lemony zing. $19 A-
- 2019 Mt. Brave Merlot (Mount Veeder): Round and rich like dark chocolate, but also not wanting for either vibrancy or the Mount’s signature structure. Damned fine job here. $95 A
- 2021 Troon Vineyard Kubli Bench Rose (Applegate Valley): Dressing up tangy red fruits in elegant attire. $25 B+
- 2021 Domaine Bousquet Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon (Tupungato): Made with Organic grapes, which you likely won’t think about due to how quickly you’ll be chugging this one down… $19 B+
Copyright © 2022. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for January 9, 2023 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-january-9-2023/