I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Jean Vesselle Oeil de Perdrix Blanc de Noirs Brut (Champagne): A minor textural marvel that will have acid-heads spinning with delight. $60 A-
- 2018 Domaine du Bagnol Cassis Rose (Provence): A pink that looks even more gorgeous with age-appropriate wrinkles. $34 A-
- 2020 I Vigneri I Custodi delle Vigne dell’Etna ‘Aedes’ Etna Bianco (Sicily): A word come to mind, and that word is “beguiling.” $29 A-
- 2017 Ronchi di Cialla Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso Colli Orientali del Friuli Cialla (Friuli-Venezia Giulia): Spicy, enticing, and pleasurably power-packed. $25 B+
- 2017 Sandro Fay Costa Bassa (Valtellina Superiore Valgella): Nebbiolo doing a fantastic game meat gravy impersonation. $28 B+
- 2018 Groth Cabernet Sauvignon (Oakville): Remains a hedonist’s staple for very good, juicy reasons. $60 A-
- 2016 Mira Winery Hyde Vineyard Pinot Noir (Napa Valley): Feels bigger than its relatively modest abv, but also feels much better than about 95% of Napa’s relatively immodest PNs. $95 A-
- 2018 Ceritas Porter-Bass Vineyards Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Bottled proof that there’s absolutely nothing about this site that isn’t completely, uniquely special. $70 A-
- 2020 Tilia Malbec (Mendoza): Something this juicy, tasty, and easy-to-like for this price… Shuuuuuuut the front door! $15 B+
- 2020 Pascual Toso ‘Barrancas Toso’ Red (Mendoza): THICC in all the best senses of the term. $18 B+
Copyright © 2020. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for September 19, 2022 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-september-19-2022/