I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2019 Pardon et Fils Fleurie Domaine Pardon ‘Cuvee Hugo’ Fleurie (Beaujolais): Peppery, svelte bargain that’s also a pitch-hitter at the dinner table. $25 A-
- 2017 Cantele Salice Salentino Riserva (Puglia): A bit showy, but sexiness does have its appeal, after all. $15 B
- 2019 CVNE ‘Cune’ Ecologico – Organic (Rioja): Very easy to like; even easier to pair with food. $16 B+
- 2020 Cru Winery Viognier (Paso Robles Highlands District): An irresistibly upscale porch-pounder for the waning days of Summer. $20 B+
- 2020 Wente Vineyards Morning Fog Chardonnay (Central Coast): Still a modern classic, and an archetype of the genre. No wonder this stuff is so popular… $14 B
- 2018 Rodney Strong Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County): One of the easiest ways to instantly class-up your Tuesday evening. $22 B+
- 2019 Chateau Ste. Michelle Syrah (Columbia Valley): A one-night-stand of a red, the kind that you may or may not remember later. $18 B
- 2018 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot (Columbia Valley): For those times when you want your Merlot to to a reasonable coffee impersonation. $20 B+
- 2017 Dominio del Plata Susana Balbo Signature Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): Hard to disagree with such a vibrantly floral and compelling bottled statement. $20 B+
- 2021 Yalumba ‘Y Series’ Viognier (South Australia): Welcome to the lighter—and amazingly approachable—side of Aussie whites. $13 B
Copyright © 2020. Originally at Wine Reviews: Mini Round-Up for August 29, 2022 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : https://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-mini-round-up-for-august-29-2022/