I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2017 Domaine des Bosquets Cheval Long Cotes du Rhone Blanc (Rhone): Floral and serious, eschewing edginess for round, supple, delicious comfort. $NA B+
- 2016 Famille Brechet Domaine des Bosquets Gigondas (Rhone): A bargain in the waiting for those who like their beef jerky with plenty of plums. $29 A-
- 2017 Yaffo Winery Sauvage Rose (Israel): Doing its best French impersonation, and succeeding splendidly. $NA B+
- 2015 Yaffo Winery ‘Hommage’ Syrah – Merlot (Ella Valley): Where graphite, pepper, leather, and blackberries hang out. $NA B+
- 2016 Gva’ot Winery ‘Gofna’ Reserve (Israel): Indigenous grape meets ingenuity, with tropical, floral, promising results. $NA B+
- 2016 Gva’ot Winery Shomron Region Gewurztraminer (Israel): Lychee wonder, floral splendor, zesty spiciness, and what’s not to love here again? $NA B+
- 2014 Gvaot Winery ‘Masada’ Red (Shomron): Muscular, deep, and challenging Bordeaux’s Right Bank to a boxing match. $83 A-
- 2014 Domaine Seror Claude Seror L’Or Rouge (Israel): Refined, and needs time for you to fully appreciate all of that thyme, among other things. $40 A-
- 2017 Domaine Seror Claude Seror L’Or Rose (Israel): Gris-style Grenache, with garrigue, grit, and a gentle, lovely kiss of flowers. $NA B+
- 2018 Dry Creek Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Dry Creek Valley): This may trigger my cut grass allergy… not that I’m complaining! $20 B+
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright © 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For August 19, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : http://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-weekly-mini-round-up-for-august-19-2019/